Mother Son Dance Songs
20 Mother-Son Dance Songs That Mom Will Love
The mother/son dance is a monumental moment in the night.
This symbolic dance is the groom’s opportunity to share with others just how much he loves his mom, and to thank her for everything that he’s given her.
Choosing the song to accompany such a heartwarming time can be a big decision.
Need help finding that special mother-son wedding dance song?
These meaningful tunes will have mom shedding happy (and sentimental) tears with each step.
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys – A timeless, beautiful love song that hits in all the right places.
- You Are My Sunshine – Morgane Stapleton with Chris Stapleton – Your mom might have sang this to you when you were in diapers. Salute her by bringing it full circle.
- Moon River – Audrey Heburn – If the Heburn version isn’t exactly your style, this song had been remade by tons of artists.
- You’ll Be in My Heart – Phil Collins – Let her know that you;ll always be thinking of her.
- I’ll Be There – Jackson 5 – this ballad sends the perfect message of “even when I’m not there, I’ll always be there for you.”
- Lean on Me – Bill Withers – Your mom has been there through all the hard times; let her know that you are there for her to.
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong – This calming song will let you forget everything around you for just a minute.
- Child of Mine – Carole King – King’s powerful lyrics won’t leave a dry eye in the house.
- Time After Time – Iron and Wine – a new take on a classic hit that is slowed down and perfect for the occasion.
- Over the Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole – For a more light-hearted approach to this traditional dance.
- Just the Way You Are – Billy Joel – Because your mom always accepted you just the way you were.
- Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder – An ode to the first woman in your life, as well as the newest addition (??)
- Sweetest Devotion – Adele – Adele has tons of hits that are perfect for sharing with your mom on your big day.
- You’re My Best Friend – Queen – For all those mama’s boys out there.
- Mother Like Mine – The Band Perry – A country ode to your mother, perfect for a barnyard wedding.
- Simple Man – Lynyrd Skynyrd – Always listen to what your mom has to say.
- Our Song – Ellie Goulding – The original certainly gets the job done, but something about this remake just hits harder.
- Days Like This – Van Morrison
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole and Natalie Cole
- Home – Jack Johnson – For the sandal wearing, chill vibes, Jack Johnson lover.