How To Pick A Great Wedding DJ: The Top 10 Questions To Ask!
Your wedding date is set, the ceremony location and reception hall are reserved, as well as many of your other wedding services.
Congratulations, you think your major wedding decisions have been made right?
Well, not exactly!
You might be thinking that how to pick a great wedding DJ will be as easy as a Google search, asking a few friends and checking a few DJ websites.
After all, most DJs would be fine for your wedding…
There is a huge difference between DJs and DJ companies.
Not just in the cost of the DJ service, but in the quality.
So how to pick a great wedding DJ.
We’ve taken our years of experience to compile a list of the top 10 questions to ask a potential DJ company.
The bolded questions we feel are particularly important and often overlooked.
Asking these questions will reveal the differences in the quality of DJs you are considering for your wedding.
How To Pick A Great Wedding DJ Questions:
- Are they insured for both liability and theft? We estimate that most DJs are not insured! Plus a growing number of Minnesota and Wisconsin reception locations require proof of insurance from your DJ.
- How long has the DJ Company been in business?
- Do they have a written contract? Is the contract worded fairly for both parties? Note: A DJ performance contract should have simple, easy to understand language and be no longer than a page or two. If it feels like you are buying a house with a long, hard to understand contract, we recommend choosing a different DJ.
- Will they organize and announce the bridal events, dollar dance, etc.? Will they be the MC for your wedding?
- Will they perform interactive games and dances with your guests if you want that? Are these games and interactions up to date? If they mention hokey pokey or Macarena…keep looking!
- What makes them better or different from other DJ companies?
- If the DJ becomes sick, has a vehicle breakdown, a family emergency or for any reason can’t make it to your wedding, what is the back-up plan? Is there a qualified, experienced DJ to take their place last minute? This is a key question on how to pick a great wedding DJ.
- Are they experienced? How many wedding dances have they performed at?
- If there is an equipment malfunction, will they have back up equipment available on site?
- Can they provide you with complete and recent references with names and phone numbers of previous wedding clients?
Again, for additional questions on how to pick a great wedding DJ, go to www.pro-1.com/blog. All of your questions or concerns should be addressed by the potential DJ. Once you make a decision on who you want for your wedding entertainment, it is important to reserve that date right away. Why? Because many of the popular DJs are booked well in advance on busy wedding dates, sometimes by a year or more. If you wait too long, you may have to settle for your second or third choice. Good luck on your search for the right DJ and congratulations on your upcoming marriage!